Dr. Kofi Sekyere Boateng
Role and Responsibility
P.O.BOX. ST.117. Accra
- Phone – 0208196018/0228630946
- Email –
Public Health Education
- FACULTY OF ENVIRONMENT AND HEALTH EDUCATION
Dr. Kofi Sekyere Boateng obtained his master’s and PhD in Public health from the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Kumasi, his Bachelor of Education from the University of Cape Coast, and a professional Diploma certificate in Environmental health from the Accra School of Hygiene. He has over twenty years’ industrial and public experience from waste management and environmental sanitation services with fifteen of those at the managerial level. He has occupied several positions such as Regional Manager of Zoomlion, Brong Ahafo Region, General Manager of Zoomlion Ashanti Region, General Manager, Ashanti Waste and Environmental services Limited, Director of Policy and Strategy, Africa Environmental Sanitation Consult, Acting Head of Department and a lecturer at the Department of Environment and Public Health, University of Environment and Sustainable Development, Somanya, a Senior Part- Time lecturer at KNUST, Department of Occupational, environmental health and safety, Board member of Ashanti waste and environmental services Limited. His research interest span from solid waste governance and financing, Food safety, Public health nutrition, Occupational health and safety.
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS / MEMBERSHIPS
- International Solid Waste Association (ISWA)
- North American Solid Waste Association
- International Earth Conservation (IEC)
- International Society of Pharmacoeconomics Outcome Research (ISOPOR)
- Centre Fellow: Regional Water and Environmental Sanitation, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Kumasi
- Member of National Technical Working Group, Ministry of Sanitation and Water Resources, Ghana
- Introduction to Public Health
- Waste Management
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Water and Sanitation
- Waste Management and Safety
- Public Health Nutrition
- Environmental Health
RESEARCH INTERESTS AND SUPERVISION
- Solid waste governance and financing
- Public health nutrition
- Behaviour change in waste management
- Occupational health and safety in the food industry
1. Ruth Twumwaa Duh, Occupational Health and safety standards in waste management company (Msc)-ongoing
2. Yaw Ofosu Mensah, Household waste management practices in the Teshie Municipality (Msc)-ongoing
3. Yaa Konadu, Household willingness to pay for waste management services in the Ejisu Municipality (Msc)-ongoing
· Boateng, K.S., Agyei-Baffour, P., Boateng, D., Rockson, G.N.K. and Mensah, K.A., Edusei, A.K. (2019). Household willingness-to-pay for improved solid waste management services in four major metropolitan cities in Ghana. Journal of Environmental and Public Health, Volume 2019, Article ID5468381, 9 Pages.
· Sulemana, A., Miezah, K., Donkor, E.A., Boateng, K.S. and Rockson, G.N. (2018). Customer satisfaction of solid waste collection services: A measure towards effective waste management, Journal of Solid Waste Technology and Management, 251-263.
· Agyei-Baffour, P., Boateng, K., Nuamah, G.B., Boateng, K.S. and Addai-Donkor, K. (2016). Risk factors of occupational injuries and related disabilities among auto mechanics in the informal sector of Kumasi, Ghana. Value in Health, 19 (3), A277-A278.
· Agyei-Baffour, P., Boateng, K.S., Nakua, E., Otupiri, E., and Owusu-Dabo, E. (2011). Knowledge, attitude, and practices (KAP) of food practitioners on hazard analysis and critical control point (HACCP) in the Kumasi Metropolis, Ghana. Value in Health, 14 (7), A35-A70. Boateng, K.S. (2020). Sustainable solid waste management for cities- Role of the private sector, Tenth World Urban Forum, 8th -13th February, 2020, UAE, Abu Dhabi, Oral Presentation.
· Boateng et al. (2019). Governance and financing framework for household solid waste management in developing countries. International Solid Waste Conference Proceedings, 2019, Spain Bilbao.
· Boateng, K.S. (2018). Utilization of household solid waste service. International solid waste conference proceedings, Malaysia