Dr Mrs Josephine Obodai
Role and Responsibility
- Phone – 0248709675
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Department of Environmental Health and Sanitation Education
- FACULTY OF ENVIRONMENT AND HEALTH EDUCATION
I studied BSc Civil Engineering at the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) and I went on to develop my interest in Water Resources Engineering by pursuing an MSc in Hydrology& Water Resources from Hohai University in Nanjing, China. Currently I hold a PhD in Water Resources Engineering from KNUST. Based on my educational background and experience, my research interests revolve around the application of Remote Sensing and GIS in land and water management. In particular, my research engages with issues on land use land cover dynamics, water quality, human health risk assessment associated with water pollution and hydrological modelling.
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS / MEMBERSHIPS
Organization for Women in Science for the Developing World (OWSD)
- Water Resource Management
- GIS and Remote Sensing
- Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA)
- Water Quality
- Environmental Pollution and Control
- Research Methods
- Fluid Mechanics
RESEARCH INTERESTS AND SUPERVISION
- Integrated Water Resource Management
- GIS and Remote Sensing application in Environmental Management
- Environmental Pollution and Risk Assessment
- Water Quality
- Hydrological Modelling
- Obodai, J., Adjei, K. A., Odai, S. N., & Lumor, M. (2019). Land use/land cover dynamics using landsat data in a gold mining basin-the Ankobra, Ghana. Remote Sensing Applications: Society and Environment, 13, 247-256.
- Osei-Kwarteng, J., Li, Q. F & Adjei, K. A. (2013). Comparison of TRMM Data with Rain Gauge Observations in the Upper Huaihe River Basin of China. Advanced Materials Research, 726, 3385-3390.
- Kabo-bah, A. T., Rwasoka, D. T., & Osei-Kwarteng, J. (2013). The Relevance of Open Source Tools for Enhancing Water Resources Management in Africa. International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications, 3(1): 986-991.
- Obodai, J., Odai, S.N and Adjei, K. A. (2017). Small Scale Mining Impacts on Ghana’s Water Resources: A Review. Presented at: 2nd International Conference on Engineering, Science, Technology and Entrepreneurship, Kumasi, Ghana, 16th – 18th August, 2017.
- Obodai, J., Odai, S.N and Adjei, K. A. (2017). Bitemporal Change Detection in the Ankobra River Basin, Ghana. Presented at:1st Regional Conference and School on Water, Climate Change and Environmental Sanitation, Accra, Ghana, 28th – 31st August, 2017.
- Osei-Kwarteng, J., Li, Qionfang and Kabo-bah, A. T. (2013). Water Resource Management in Ghana- A Review. Presented at: 35th IAHR World Congress, Chengdu, China, 8-13 September 2013